SNC Technolgies GlobalTrack is designed to get greater productivity and efficiency from your mobile fleet. GlobalTrack is made for all types of businesses: distribution, delivery, trucking, taxis, buses, service and utility, emergency vehicles, and many others.
Keep Track of Your Assets
Benefits of GlobalTrack
GlobalTrack is a robust and reliable vehicle GPS tracking system that has been designed and developed by SNCTechnolgies. More than just simple tracking, the system can monitor and alert on numerous conditions and events.
SNC Technolgies powerful GlobalTrack supports a variety of communications technologies – GSM, WiFi, UHF/VHF and satellite, or combination of these. This means that GlobalTrack can work in whatever environment your vehicles are operating.
The GlobalTrack system is used for vehicle tracking around the world and is available in any language.
Full Featured and Comes in Three Models
|Global Track Model|
|Feature||GlobalTrack GSM||GlobalTrack WiFi||GlobalTrack Satelite|
|Operating Area||City or any area with GSM telephone coverage||Industrial complex, ports, warehouses, mines||Anywhere without GSM or Wifi coverage|
|Typical Businesses||Couriers, trucking, plantation, cars, taxi, and bus rentals, oil, gas, mining and constructions||Manufacturing, oil, gas, warehouses, mining, and construction||Plantation, oil, gas, mining, and construction|
|Display real-time location, speed, heading, track, and status||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Alerts and Sensors (may require additional equipment)||Overspeed||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Out of Bounds (Geofence)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Anti Collision Radar||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Drier Login (RFID Card Swipe)||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Display (Touch Screen Interactive)||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Monthly Fees||GSM telephone fees||N/A||GSM telephone and satelite fees|
Other Management Features
- Web Based Application
- User can configure map, object icons, and geofences (out-of-bounds)
- Multi-user system, managed alerts, and individual operator rights
- Replay historical positions and routes
- Full set of management reports
How Does it Work?
In simple terms, the GlobalTrack onboard system reads the GPS position data and then transmits the data to a tracking server and then on to the user’s monitoring computer. The data from the vehicle to the tracking server can be transmitted over the mobile telephone network (GSM/3G/4G), WiFi network, or Satellite connection. From there the connection to the user’s computer is either sent over the user’s local network (LAN), or via the internet.
At a minimum, the onboard equipment consists of a computer (tracking device), GPS antenna, and GSM, 3G, 4G, WiFi or satellite antenna. In addition, many types of optional sensors can be added to give additional information.
The diagram above shows a typical installation which in addition to the basic components also includes an optional ignition sensor, temperature sensor, panic (SOS) button, an immobilizer (engine cut-off).
The onboard computer has internal memory, so in the event that communication is lost with the server, the data is stored and nothing is lost.
Onboard System Features Are:
- GPS/GLONASS coordinates and I/O data acquisition
- Real Time tracking
- Smart algorithm of data acquisition (time, distance, angle, ignition and event based)
- Sending acquired data via GPRS (TCP/IP and UDP/IP protocols)
- Flash memory for storing events in case the network is unavailable
- Two RJ45 (RS232) ports
- RJ45 ports can be used to connect two LLS digital fuel sensor without a concentrator
- Smart algorithm of GPRS connections (GPRS traffic saving)
- Operating in roaming networks (preferred GSM providers list)
- Events on I/O detection and sending via GPRS or SMS.
- Scheduled 24 coordinates SMS sending
- One configuration file enables convenient configuration
- Data reading from CAN Bus (FMS standard)
- CAN Bus Auto scan functionality which enables to automatically configure CAN bus data reading that simplifies configuration process
- Multi geofence zones (rectangular or circle)
- Auto geofencing functionality which automatically draws geozones with certain radius, decreasing risk of vehicle theft
- Deep Sleep mode (saving vehicle‘s accumulator)
- Firmware update and configuration using USB interface
- OTA (firmware updating via GPRS)
- Built-in battery
- Roaming dependent operation (GPRS traffic saving in roaming zones)
|Frequency Usage||GSM 800, 1800, 1900 MHz||L-Band 1.6 GHz||802.11b/g||403 – 512 MHz 136-174 MHz|
|Frequency License||No Need||No Need||No Need||No Need|
|Bandwidth||Up to 512 Kbps||Up to 64 Kbps||Up to 1 Mbps||Up to 19.2 Kbps|
|Network Coverage||Depend on GSM Provider||All Areas||2-3km From Nearest Access Points||Up to 40km from Nearest Access Points|
|Monthly Fees||Yes||Yes (High)||No||No|
|Infrastructure Cost||No||No||Yes (High)||Yes|
GlobalTrack can be set up on your server or can be hosted by SNCTechnolgies servers. If the hosting option is selected then the information can be accessed through the web using the SNCTechnolgies GlobalTrack Fleet Management application.
GlobalTrack Fleet Management Application
With the GlobalTrack Fleet Management Application users can monitor and manage their fleet. Users can monitor their fleets on a moving map that allows zooming in and out to the desired viewing area. Also alerts on abnormal conditions such as out-of-bounds and over speeding will be displayed.
Some of the GlobalTrack Fleet Management Application features are :
- Built in real time map supports GoogleEarth, OpenLayers, ESRI, SHP and Geoserver
- Predefined Alarm and Notification based on geofence and events
- Trip history replay
- Email notifications
- Asset Group by Location, Tag, etc
- Multiple Login with authorization levels
GlobalTrack Customized Solutions
GlobalTrack is a feature and option rich tracking system that covers more than just the basics necessary to manage a fleet. However, all fleets and services differ from business to business. GlobalTrack has the capability to be customized for the specific needs of any business that must manage and monitor their assets. Whether a truck or other equipment, all assets can be managed by the same system! Every company and every fleet is different and that is why SNC Technolgies has a product range that can be adaptable to any business management needs – we call it Custom Solutions!
Standard and Optional Features
|Display real-time location, speed, heading, track, and status||Detect location and speed||Standard feature|
|Overspeed||Detect over pre-assigned speed on designated route||Standard feature|
|Underspeed||Detect unders pre-assigned speed on designated route||Standard feature|
|Out of Bounds (Geofence)||Detect when vehicle is outside of pre-determined area||Standard feature|
|Unauthorised stops||Detect when unauthorised stop||Optional|
|Fuel Monitoring||Ability to measure fuel level and calculate fuel consumption||Optional|
|Engine Hours||Monitor engine hours||Optional|
|Fatigue Camera||Detect when the driver is sleepy||Optional|
|Temperature Monitor||Detect temperature inside cargo compartment|
|Door Open||Detect when the cargo door is opened||Optional|
|Immobilizer||Remotely disable the vehicle||Optional|
|Harsh Braking||Detect the harsh braking condition||Optional, use internal device 3 axis accelerometer|
|Harsh Acceleration||Detect the harsh acceleration condition||Optional, use internal device 3 axis accelerometer|
|Harsh Turn||Detect the harsh turning||Optional, use internal device 3 axis accelerometer|
|Panic Switch||Provide a SOS button and notified the dispatcher||Optional|
|Derier Login (RFID card swipe) and Anti-Theft||Ability to detect driver ID and prevent unauthorized driver from driving a vehicle||Optional|
|Anti-Collision||Detect if collision is possible||Optional|
|External Camera||Monitor camera(s) in cabin or outside||Optional|
|Display (touch screen interactive)||Used for operator logging, status reporting, map display, etc||Optional|
|Engine Status||Ability to detect engine/ignition status||Optional|
Some of the features are described in more detail below:
- Truck Status and Activity
- Activity is based on Geofence (Loading, Dumping, Traveling, Hauling)
- Status is based on Geofence and/or Push Button
- Operators swipe their card before and after shift change
- Alarm occurs if the operator does not swipe their card while the truck is moving
- Alarm will occur if operator is not the one that is authorized to drive the truck
- Harsh breaking and acceleration detection
- Alarm sounds if operator is driving to harsh
- The information will sent to server and appear on dispatcher screen
- Integration with weigh bridge to measure productivity
- Each vehicle is equipped with a RFID tag for truck identification
- Embedded PC to take the tonnage reading and send to server
- Measure the truck fuel level and send the information to server for further processing
- “Tap” to the onboard fuel gauge. Simple and easy to install
GlobalTrack has many uses for all kinds of companies. Below are some of our best examples on how you can utilize our product in your business.
Tracking Solution for Transportation Companies
Many of our customers in the transportation industry use GlobalTrack to lower the fleet usage cost and minimize the risk of theft and hijacking. Customers report big savings on fuel consumption, recovered vehicles and merchandise.Read more
Tracking Solutions for Food Transportation Companies
Food transportation companies can benefit by improving their customer’s satisfaction and increasing productivity, while reducing costs, minimizing risks and increasing profits.Read more
Tracking and Dispatch Solutions for Utility Companies
GpsGate Server is helping many service companies and utility organizations to dispatch their vehicles in an optimal way. Customers report cost savings and increased service levels for selecting the most appropriate vehicle for service and repair assignments.Read more
Real-Time GPS Tracking for Car Rental Companies
Car rental companies use GpsGate Server to increase service level and decrease risk factors and fleet operation cost.Read more
Low Cost Police Tracking Solution
GlobalTrack provide Police Departments real-time tracking and dispatching that is easy to deploy with reliable performance. Police Departments can have their own tracking solution secured in-house and meet budget constraints.Read more
Tracking and Dispatch Solution for Taxi Companies
There are many Taxi companies using GlobalTrack. Taxi companies report that their customers have less waiting time and the Taxi fleet has less time without customers in the taxi.Read more
Bus Fleet Case Study
The customer intends to utilize the vehicle GPS tracking system for monitoring the fleet of buses with the objective to:
- Improve the monitoring activity of the bus operations in real-time.
- Improve the safety of the truck fleet operations
- Generate better monitoring and reporting of the fleet to improve the distribution cycle
- Utilize a robust GPS tracking and fleet management system which they are built on as they grow or require more features
- In addition to general tracking information, the customer also wanted to also wanted:
- Monitor fuel levels and consumption
- SOS Panic button
- Monitor cabin temperature
Case Study Solution
SatNetCom installed the SNC GlobalTrack GPS tracking and fleet management solution to assist in the management of their fleet of trucks.
As the trucks were operating in a metropolitan area, the trucks used the GSM/GPRS network.
GlobalTrack Onboard Equipment
Below are some of the equipment used in the GlobalTrack system